Soy Roasted Whole Chicken with New Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 pound) whole roasting chicken
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each piece crosswise into half-inch thick slices. Place with onion in large, shallow foil-lined baking pan. Combine next 7 ingredients; drizzle 1 tablespoon mixture over potato mixture and toss until evenly coated.
Discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold running water; drain and pat dry. Place chicken, breast side up, in center of pan, moving potatoes aside. Brush chicken, including cavity, thoroughly with soy sauce mixture.