Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 4 confit duck legs, meat picked & diced
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces salt pork, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh pork sausage, cut into two in pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 1 carrot, medium diced
- 2 celery stalks, medium diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 quart beef or chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Heat skillet over medium high heat with enough oil to coat the pan. Sauté salt pork until golden brown. Remove. Add sausages to skillet and sear until golden brown on both sides.
Remove, and sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine and add to slow cooker. Add duck confit, sausages, salt pork, diced tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and stock to slow cooker.
Turn crock pot to low and cook for 6-8 hours. Adding the beans in the last hour.
Combine the panko, butter, and parsley. Spoon cassoulet into oven safe serving dish. Top with panko mixture.
Place under the broiler until bread crumbs are golden brown and crispy. Remove and serve.